Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When you say "night mode" do you mean "dark mode" or "night shift" or either one? There is no "night mode".

Just trying to clarify a statement in your article.

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 3:49 PM

6 replies

Nov 8, 2018 5:58 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom, thanks for responding and I apologize for waiting so long to reply to you.

I had posted that question on the article page so I assumed it would be included in the posts. In any case, this is the link to the article. It's a very small article and the phrase "night mode" was used at the end.

About EPUBs created with iBooks Author - Apple Support

Thanks for your help!

Tyler

Nov 8, 2018 7:11 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks Tom but it reads like they're talking about a Mac OS setting while using one the templates listed. I think they're saying that Text Sizing options won't be available if you create an ePub from those templates while your mac is in "Night Mode". But there is no "Night Mode" setting, hence my question of what they meant by "Night Shift".

However, you bring something to light. If "Night Theme" is what they meant. Then the sentence should read, "Also, you won't be able to change fonts or view EPUBs in night theme when created with these templates."

Would you agree? Do you think this is what they meant?

Nov 8, 2018 7:55 AM in response to tylersw

tylersw wrote:

Thanks Tom but it reads like they're talking about a Mac OS setting while using one the templates listed.

The reference to changing fonts makes me read this as referring to the settings inside the Books app while reading a book produced with one of these templates. So it should really be night theme, yes.

In these forums it is just other users like yourself responding, so we can only offer our best guess about such things.

When you say "night mode" do you mean "dark mode" or "night shift" or either one? There is no "night mode".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.