Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not Set Up Apple Pay An error occurred while setting up Apple Pay

Getting

Could not Set Up Apple Pay

An error occurred while setting up

Apple Pay

OK

error when trying to add new card to my Wallet. I tried to do it through Wallet app, and trough Settings -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Add Card. Same error comes up. I did hard reset the phone.

Thanks for the help

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 9:33 AM

Hello rallyman555,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to add a card to the Wallet app on your iPhone, and you get an error about Apple Pay. To help with this issue, please follow these steps from this Apple resource on your situation:

After each step, see if you can add your card to Wallet:

1. Make sure that you're in a supported country or region.
    • For your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Language & Region, then scroll to Region.
    • For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, tap General > Language & Region, and check the region format.
    • For your MacBook Pro with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Language & Region, and check the region. You can't add Apple Pay Cash to your Mac.
  2. Restart your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac.
  3. Update to the latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS.
  4. Remove the card from Wallet, then add it again.
    • For your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap the card that you want to remove, and tap Remove Card. Then add the card back to Wallet.
    • For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, scroll down, and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap the card and tap Remove. Then add the card back to Wallet.
    • For your MacBook Pro with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay, click the card that you want to remove, and click the minus (–) sign. Click Delete. Then add the card back to Wallet.

If you still can't add a card, contact your bank or card issuer for help.

In Italy, some UniCredit cards on the VPay and Maestro networks can be added to Wallet only using the UniCredit monhey app. Available in the App Store only in Italy.

Get help adding cards to Wallet

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2018 9:33 AM in response to rallyman555

Hello rallyman555,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to add a card to the Wallet app on your iPhone, and you get an error about Apple Pay. To help with this issue, please follow these steps from this Apple resource on your situation:

After each step, see if you can add your card to Wallet:

1. Make sure that you're in a supported country or region.
    • For your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Language & Region, then scroll to Region.
    • For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, tap General > Language & Region, and check the region format.
    • For your MacBook Pro with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Language & Region, and check the region. You can't add Apple Pay Cash to your Mac.
  2. Restart your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac.
  3. Update to the latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS.
  4. Remove the card from Wallet, then add it again.
    • For your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap the card that you want to remove, and tap Remove Card. Then add the card back to Wallet.
    • For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to the My Watch tab, scroll down, and tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap the card and tap Remove. Then add the card back to Wallet.
    • For your MacBook Pro with Touch ID, go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay, click the card that you want to remove, and click the minus (–) sign. Click Delete. Then add the card back to Wallet.

If you still can't add a card, contact your bank or card issuer for help.

In Italy, some UniCredit cards on the VPay and Maestro networks can be added to Wallet only using the UniCredit monhey app. Available in the App Store only in Italy.

Get help adding cards to Wallet

Cheers!

Could not Set Up Apple Pay An error occurred while setting up Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.