Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Screen has black horizontal lines at top of display.

The issue is happening mostly while I watch video and it never disappear until I shutdown machine for an hour. I did reset NVRAM or PRAM but nothing works.

If I continue my work with horizontal lines after a while complete screen will be covered with lines and screen will be very laggy. Force to shutting down the machine.

User uploaded file

Attached screen shot for reference.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 7:54 AM

6 replies

Nov 2, 2018 9:07 AM in response to Cåts

It's not graphics problem because screen shot looks good. Please see the attachment.

My laptop is out of warranty and it is 15 months old laptop. Is there any option apple can replace the display? because there is no physical damage. I hope there will be service support for display from apple even though the product is out of warranty.

I would like to know how many years apple gives guaranty for display.

User uploaded file

Nov 2, 2018 8:07 AM in response to JayIphone01

Let's check if it's a graphics problem vs the display problem by taking a screenshot.

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

if you can see the line in screenshot, that indicates a graphic issue.

If there is no line in the screenshot, then is a display issue.

What do you see when you take the screenshot? Is the line there or not?

Post it here So we can see.

Also I wonder if your Mac is too hot. Here is some information about operating temperatures for your Mac which can be helpful to you.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

And if needed, you can always contact Apple support here

Contact - Official Apple Support

My Screen has black horizontal lines at top of display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.