Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I search for images with no keyword?

I have over 100,000 photos uploaded and have assigned 200 keywords. I know there are photos that have not yet been assigned keywords. How can I sort and locate all un-keyword associated photos so I can get my photos fully searchable?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), iOS 9.3.4

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 10:48 AM

Photos does not allow to search for photos without any keyword, you can only search for photos with some keyword.

But you can write an Apple Script, that will collect all photos without any keyword in an album. A small script is here: : Script: How to find photos without any keywords

Or download PowerPhotos and open your iPhoto Library in PowerPhotos https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/). In Powerphotos you can sort your your photos by keyword in the list view, and then you will see all photos without a keyword in one place. The free trial version will suffice for this.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 10:48 AM in response to SHEPonCape

Photos does not allow to search for photos without any keyword, you can only search for photos with some keyword.

But you can write an Apple Script, that will collect all photos without any keyword in an album. A small script is here: : Script: How to find photos without any keywords

Or download PowerPhotos and open your iPhoto Library in PowerPhotos https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/). In Powerphotos you can sort your your photos by keyword in the list view, and then you will see all photos without a keyword in one place. The free trial version will suffice for this.

How can I search for images with no keyword?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.