Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp - use TouchID to unlock Windows 10 on Macbook Pro

Dear community!

As far as I understand, this problem exists for more than 2 years, after release of new MacBooks in 2016.

For now, what situation do I have: I want to change my current laptop, and I thought for a really long time towards MacBook Pro (and still I do same)... but. A few days ago I found on a net dozens of posts, where people, which use Windows as their main OS and have switched to Macbook, have problems with logging to Windows using Touch ID (Windows Hello). And, as I understood, BootCamp does not provide such functionality, and no one, which use Macbook Pro with Windows 10 cant login using Touch ID. And, as for me, it's really terrible when you buy very expensive brand device and you can't just log into OS with your finger (not writing a password). It's really faster, more secure and better. Actually, I dont want to buy any other Windows laptop, because I really love functionality and abilities of Macbook Pro. But, I want to stay secure with my new notebook.

So, here's the question: how can I do that? How can I log into a Windows on a Macbook Pro with TouchID? Does Apple provide any solution to this problem? Does any drivers or apps exists for Windows, which provide TouchID work with Windows Hello, as on any other Windows laptop? Thank you!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 6:06 AM

There are no Bootcamp drivers that support TouchID functionality on Windows. You should provide Product Feedback - Apple .

1 reply

BootCamp - use TouchID to unlock Windows 10 on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.