Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I add 4K footage from gopro 7 or Canon EOS R Each to Compressor I receive this message: "Error in trying to open source media."

When I add 4K footage from GoPro 7 or Canon EOS R Each to Compressor I receive this message: "Error in trying to open source media."

I have the latest version of Compressor (4.4.1), the latest Pro Video Format app, and have re-installed Compressor, re-started my Mac, and still continue to receive the message. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave, the latest version (10.14.1).

All of time before I upgrade, I could add all 4K files but now I can't. How can I fix it? I even copied these files on my macbook but could add them on Compressor. Anyone can help? I read some article on here and someone recommended me format drive, but I can't format all my macbook. Please help

Thank you

Compressor, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), Can not add 4K footage on Compresso

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 4, 2018 11:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom. Yes, I transferred all of them to my MacBook. I see not only 4K files, but all files also have end as .MP4 and codecs: Timecode, AAC, HEVC on their info. It's the file on GoPro 7 and Canon EOS R. I can add all of them in Final cut pro X and play with Quicktime, just only a problem is I can't add them on my Compressor. I can use QuickTime to export them to .MOV as HEVC then can add on Compressor. However, that never happens in my Compressor before I upgrade to new macOS Mojave. Do you have any idea?

Thank you

User uploaded file

When I add 4K footage from gopro 7 or Canon EOS R Each to Compressor I receive this message: "Error in trying to open source media."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.