Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri responds to "Hey Siri", however gives error message several times. Only happened after upgrade to MAC Mojave.

I have a 2018 Macbook Pro A1990, and with OS Sierra Siri was working okay, but now that I upgrade to MAC Mojave it recognizes me when I say, "Hey Siri" but gives a connection error. I try using the Siri button on the touch bar, and it's a 50/50 chance it will recognize the question or command I give. Is there anything I can do to where I don't have to try several times to get Siri to provide an answer or assistance? Thank you.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), macOS Mojave (10.14.1), null

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2018 5:05 PM

Hey Prism_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're having issues with Siri on your MacBook Pro. You're in the right place for help and I have a few steps you can try with the following link that may help get it working again.
Use Siri on your Mac

Troubleshoot Siri

If you’re having trouble using Siri, try these solutions:

• Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
  • Make sure Siri is turned on. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Siri, then select Enable Ask Siri.
  • Make sure your Mac has a microphone and that it’s not obstructed by your clothing or body or other objects.
  • If you’re using an external microphone, check that it’s connected to your Mac, selected under Input in Sound preferences, and that the mic’s input volume is set high enough.
  • ​Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, click Input, then drag the “Input volume” slider.

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2018 5:05 PM in response to Prism_

Hey Prism_,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're having issues with Siri on your MacBook Pro. You're in the right place for help and I have a few steps you can try with the following link that may help get it working again.
Use Siri on your Mac

Troubleshoot Siri

If you’re having trouble using Siri, try these solutions:

• Make sure your Mac is connected to the Internet. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
  • Make sure Siri is turned on. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Siri, then select Enable Ask Siri.
  • Make sure your Mac has a microphone and that it’s not obstructed by your clothing or body or other objects.
  • If you’re using an external microphone, check that it’s connected to your Mac, selected under Input in Sound preferences, and that the mic’s input volume is set high enough.
  • ​Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, click Input, then drag the “Input volume” slider.

Best Regards.

Nov 7, 2018 6:06 PM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you MoonJ. Siri was enabled under preferences, but I "kinda" resolved it by unchecking the 'Enable Siri' box then re-checking the box again. I went through the setting up Siri process to recognize my voice all over again, but it seemed to do the trick. However, although it can recognize me when I say, "Hey Siri" from across the room, it will still give me an error after I ask the question or give a command. Either way, after resetting the voice recognition, it works 70% better than it did before. Thank you!

Siri responds to "Hey Siri", however gives error message several times. Only happened after upgrade to MAC Mojave.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.