Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my phone say “waiting for activation, this may take some time”

so I’ve had my iPhone 8 for a year now and for the last 6 months it has been continuously coming up with the message “Waiting for activation, this may take some time”, followed by the notification shown in the photo a few minutes after. I’ve talked to telstra many times and they have done things like reset my network settings, which still hasnt fixed it. when the message comes up, I have no reception/bars and to use my phone to make calls or use data, o have to turn it off and back on again to get the reception back. Please can someone help me!!User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 6, 2018 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Hi there, Elly27!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your iPhone showing you the message that its waiting for activation and I’m happy to help! I recommend you check out this article for steps to take If you can't activate your iPhone. This article will give you additional steps you can take, along with what to do if you continue to have issues:

Get more help

1. To check for network or activation issues and see if you need to replace your SIM card, contact your carrier.
  2. Use recovery mode to restore your iPhone.

If restoring your iPhone still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2018 7:01 AM in response to Elly27

Hi there, Elly27!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your iPhone showing you the message that its waiting for activation and I’m happy to help! I recommend you check out this article for steps to take If you can't activate your iPhone. This article will give you additional steps you can take, along with what to do if you continue to have issues:

Get more help

1. To check for network or activation issues and see if you need to replace your SIM card, contact your carrier.
  2. Use recovery mode to restore your iPhone.

If restoring your iPhone still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Why does my phone say “waiting for activation, this may take some time”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.