Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use camera option on my watch

How do I use the camera on my Apple Watch 4

Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 10:05 AM

The Apple Watch doesn't have a built-in camera. The Camera app you see on the Watch acts as a remote shutter and viewfinder for your phone's camera.

Open the Camera app on your Watch. Camera will then open automatically on your iPhone if it's not already open. Then, you can see a live feed of the iPhone's camera on your Watch screen, as well as use the two buttons on screen to take a photo or start a 3 second timer to take a photo, respectively.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2018 10:05 AM in response to sistersluft

The Apple Watch doesn't have a built-in camera. The Camera app you see on the Watch acts as a remote shutter and viewfinder for your phone's camera.

Open the Camera app on your Watch. Camera will then open automatically on your iPhone if it's not already open. Then, you can see a live feed of the iPhone's camera on your Watch screen, as well as use the two buttons on screen to take a photo or start a 3 second timer to take a photo, respectively.

Nov 10, 2018 9:37 AM in response to callaway

If you are attempting to take a group photo, but wish to be included in the photo, you can set your iPhone up with something to allow you to view everyone, and then allow you to get back into the photo. You can then use the Camera app on the watch to take the photo with your iPhone. It is the same as a remote for a digital camera.

If you find it useless then don't worry about using it.

How do I use camera option on my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.