Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb automatically turns on

I noticed hat it started when the phone updated to 12.0.1 on my iPhone 6. No, I don’t want to update to the newest version so don’t recommend that to me.

Moreover, the setting for DND is turned off and it automatically turns on when the Bedtime Mode starts at 7 pm.

let me know your troubleshooting steps To resolve this.

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 9:19 AM

Hi earlymauvs,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. If I understand correctly you're noticing that Do Not Disturb is enabled automatically on your iPhone.

You mentioned that this is happening when your device is in BedTime Mode. If Do Not Disturb During Bedtime is enabled this would cause the behavior you're experiencing. Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone is a helpful article that goes over how to change those settings.

Specifically, the section below:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How to change the settings

1. Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab.
  2. In the top-left corner, tap Options.
  3. Here's what you can change:
    • Choose which days your Wake alarm goes off. Your alarm goes off on days that are orange.
    • Set when you're reminded to go to bed.
    • Choose a Wake Up Sound for your alarm.
    • Change how loud the alarm is.
    • Turn Do Not Disturb During Bedtime on or off. During bedtime, the Lock screen dims, calls and alerts that arrive when your device is locked are silent, and notifications go to your history.
  4. Tap Done.
I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2018 9:19 AM in response to earlymauvs

Hi earlymauvs,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. If I understand correctly you're noticing that Do Not Disturb is enabled automatically on your iPhone.

You mentioned that this is happening when your device is in BedTime Mode. If Do Not Disturb During Bedtime is enabled this would cause the behavior you're experiencing. Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone is a helpful article that goes over how to change those settings.

Specifically, the section below:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How to change the settings

1. Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab.
  2. In the top-left corner, tap Options.
  3. Here's what you can change:
    • Choose which days your Wake alarm goes off. Your alarm goes off on days that are orange.
    • Set when you're reminded to go to bed.
    • Choose a Wake Up Sound for your alarm.
    • Change how loud the alarm is.
    • Turn Do Not Disturb During Bedtime on or off. During bedtime, the Lock screen dims, calls and alerts that arrive when your device is locked are silent, and notifications go to your history.
  4. Tap Done.
I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards.

Do Not Disturb automatically turns on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.