Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can rented movies we watched in airplane mode

I I am interested in getting moviea for a long flight and wanted to know do I need to buy the movie or can I rent the movie. I’m not sure if Wi-Fi would be required.

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 4:05 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2018 9:12 AM in response to Martin666287

Hello Martin666287,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you'd like to know if you can view rented movies while using Airplane Mode. This is a great question! The answer is yes, movies can be viewed while offline. Please review the steps and link below:

Watch your movie rental offline

To watch your movie when you're offline, like on an airline flight where Wi-Fi is not available:

• Find the rental and tap the download icon User uploaded file. Download the entire movie before you go offline.
  • Press play to start watching. The 48-hour timer starts even if you're offline.

You might want to download rented movies prior to the day of your trip to make sure you have time to download all of the content.

Rent movies from the iTunes Store

Have a wonderful day!

Can rented movies we watched in airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.