Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing .ibooks files with close names

Cannot figure this one out as I created TWO .iba files. One titled

Roofing Boston

and the other

Roofing Boston Flat

Both .iba files are almost the same except for a few slides but these files are different.

I checked to make sure the name in the title bar is correct as well as the Book Title window area. There is ONE chapter in each book and I named the correct title chapter

Also checked the inspector to make sure each one is titled correctly.

When I save to .ibooks I import one file to the .ibooks app and it opens and displays correctly. But when I import the second title I get the message that the book is ALREADY in the library. So after a few times when I got the message I replaced the file with the new title and sure enough the NEW title appears with the old title name. Very confusing as I have been using I Books for a while and I'm guessing that the title of the book is somewhere else in the file?

Any help??????

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 5:39 PM

When you duplicate or copy a book or save as a new book, they both share the same internal ID if not done correctly.

You can reset one of the books for Books Store to resolve this.

This link will explain

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH26203?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

1 reply

Importing .ibooks files with close names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.