Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air screen keeps on glitching. How can I fix it?

Info- 13”, mid 2011 model

Macintosh HD startup disk

1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor

I’ve already tried resetting the PRAM and SMC- neither worked. Here is a picture of the glitch- User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 6:26 AM

Hi VMeta,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a graphics issue on your MacBook Air.

Do you see this anomaly constantly, or does it come and go?

Resetting the SMC and NVRAM were great steps to start. I recommend booting your MacBook Air into macOS recovery mode as a test. If you see the same anomalies there, that's your best indicator that the issue is related to hardware. You'll find how to boot into macOS Recovery Mode here, from this list of Mac startup key combinations :
Command (⌘)-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery system. Or use Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. macOS Recovery installs different versions of macOS, depending on the key combination you use while starting up. If your Mac is using a firmware password, you're asked to enter the password.

Just start up your Mac and immediately press and hold Command - R as shown above. Once macOS Utilities loads, keep an eye out to see if the same anomaly appears. If it does, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support next.

I hope this is helpful.

Have a great day.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2018 6:26 AM in response to VMeta

Hi VMeta,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you have a graphics issue on your MacBook Air.

Do you see this anomaly constantly, or does it come and go?

Resetting the SMC and NVRAM were great steps to start. I recommend booting your MacBook Air into macOS recovery mode as a test. If you see the same anomalies there, that's your best indicator that the issue is related to hardware. You'll find how to boot into macOS Recovery Mode here, from this list of Mac startup key combinations :
Command (⌘)-R: Start up from the built-in macOS Recovery system. Or use Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. macOS Recovery installs different versions of macOS, depending on the key combination you use while starting up. If your Mac is using a firmware password, you're asked to enter the password.

Just start up your Mac and immediately press and hold Command - R as shown above. Once macOS Utilities loads, keep an eye out to see if the same anomaly appears. If it does, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support next.

I hope this is helpful.

Have a great day.

My MacBook Air screen keeps on glitching. How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.