Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error initializing CoreMIDI

Does anyone have any fixes to stop this error?

I've tried just about everything except standing on my head but happy to try that if it works.

At the moment, I just have to launch and quit Logic X until it stops. No apparent rhyme or reason.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks.

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 2:33 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 16, 2018 2:09 PM in response to kimfromsingapore

The only way I've bypassed this issue is by going to preferences/plug-in manager and deactivating all plugins (highlight all and uncheck all boxes) . Then I quit out of Logic X and open it again. I don't have this message (usually). Sometimes it doesn't work. After you hopefully don't get that message, go back to the preferences/plug-in man ager and reactivae by highlighting all and checking all boxes.

Nov 19, 2018 2:31 PM in response to gnubee

I have also been seeing this error message every time I launch Logic after updating to v10.4.2; unfortunately, resetting those preferences didn't remedy this.

I use a MOTU Track16 audio interface at times, but even when that's disconnected and I use Logic with no peripheral hardware attached, I still get this error message whenever I launch the application.

MacBook Pro 2016 w/ Touch Bar

macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Error initializing CoreMIDI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.