Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel an app?

i got an email saying my daughter purchased an app and she didn’t. It’s not on her phone and I want to cancel it. How do I do that?

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 4:49 PM

If the only evidence of this charge is an email make certain the email is actually from Apple. Read here for how to identify legitimate Apple Emails: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

You can log in to https://reportaproblem.apple.com to verify any and all charges made on your account within the last 90 days and raise an issue with them as well as request a refund.

Also read here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Follow the steps here to access your entire purchase history: If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2018 4:49 PM in response to deana186

If the only evidence of this charge is an email make certain the email is actually from Apple. Read here for how to identify legitimate Apple Emails: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

You can log in to https://reportaproblem.apple.com to verify any and all charges made on your account within the last 90 days and raise an issue with them as well as request a refund.

Also read here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Follow the steps here to access your entire purchase history: If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support

How do I cancel an app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.