Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text replacement broken after latest ios update

Some text replacements work others do not. How can I fix that or can I? I see all of the replacements listed, just some do not work while others do.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 8:23 AM

8 replies

Nov 11, 2018 9:43 AM in response to Cåts

Really?

There is a 128 character limit using the text replacement feature?

When did THAT happen?

AND where is this 128 character limitation “officially” mentioned?

What iOS version implemented that limitation? iOS 11? iOS 12?

This isn't the case in iOS 9 and 10.

I have A LOT of text replacments that are short paragraphs.

Just another reason why I have yet to upgrade/update my iPad Pro to any new iOS and have left mine on iOS 10.3.3.

Apple is always great at touting new features in an iOS upgrade/update release, but they never, ever mention what features they have radically changed or have arbitrarily removed.

iOS 11 was a complete mess and I skipped it in its entirety.

Despite some desired features, like group Facetime and the Measure app, I am still not convinced and still very lukewarm about iOS 12 and whether iOS 12 is good to upgrade to, or not.

I have only a few key drawing apps that haven’t received any updates in two years and have been able to live/get by with that limitation all this time.

I, also, rely on third party Web browsers as I never realty liked any version of Apple Safari, either on iOS or macOS.

So, that is a non-issue for me in iOS.

So...

text replacement broken after latest ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.