Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are the app Motion compatible with iMove? I understand there are som requirements (and also limitations)

I do not intent to buy FinalCut, and I think my MacBook Pro comply with most of Motion's requirement. Will the be minor use of Motion if I only have iMove? I am a novice and amateur.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), iOS 10.3.1, iMovie 10.4.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 2:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2018 2:35 PM in response to Aspern

You can use Motion as a standalone application to create motion graphics projects that you can output and bring into iMovie. However, Motion is designed primarily to interact and support FCP. You can create titles, transitions, generators, and effects in Motion that can be incorporated as additions into the FCP application. You can't do that with iMovie. Bottom line is that you can use Motion in a limited capacity to work with iMovie.

Are the app Motion compatible with iMove? I understand there are som requirements (and also limitations)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.