Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't change track in MIDI edit window

i double click a MIDI track but only the bass track is displayed. is there a lock of some sort that keeps the window on a particular track?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 3.2 GHz Core i5, 16 GB DDR3 Logic X

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Make sure the link icon is selected in the midi editor so it will update info with selected track from main window.

Also make sure that Midi Out is selected to hear sound when clicking on notes inside of the midi editor.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Nov 10, 2018 8:11 PM in response to gnubee

i have not imported the content to a new project yet. i opened the project and i had a an audio track selected which substituted the audio editing window for the MIDI editor and there was no link or MIDI in and out available as an option. so i clicked in a MIDI track and i had what you show in your animation. 2 clicks solved my problem. really cool animation. very helpful, because my question sounded vague and yet the answer, as you presented it is very clear, very simple and a very quick fix/lesson. 2 thumbs up. i have no idea how much of Logics capabilities i use, it must be a very small percentage and it is so easy to get into trouble. i have one less thing to worry about. thank you very much, thanks for taking the time to show me

can't change track in MIDI edit window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.