Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to set up new desktop

I purchased the new Mac mini and am about to set it up.

how do I prevent viruses/malware etc from coming over from my current system? My present computer has slowed to a crawl/beach Alli g so I am concerned that some bad stuff is in there.

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 7:13 AM

It may or may not be malware. It could be a failing hard drive. Download and run Etrecheckon your old Mac. It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. If there is malware it should show what it is and where it is installed.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2018 7:13 AM in response to cmsdad

It may or may not be malware. It could be a failing hard drive. Download and run Etrecheckon your old Mac. It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. If there is malware it should show what it is and where it is installed.

Best way to set up new desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.