Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 or Logic X

Hi, Is there anyone who has both Logic Pro 9 and Logic X ? Are you steel using Logic Pro 9 ?

Thanks in advance.

Logic Pro X, RME FIREFACE UFX

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 5:03 PM

I have and use Logic 9 and Logic X.

9 is still the one I use most (in OS 10.6.8). I get projects that come in in X and I leave them in X. Any Pro Tools users who ask me to mix will (nearly) always bounce the wavs out and I drop them into 9 not X.

I have nothing against X at all but 9 is way more stable, faster and you can get a lot more tracks out of it if needed. I will occasionally mix in Pro Tools 11 if a client doesn't want to bounce wavs out.

The main thing is, no one knows, or cares, what you recorded or mixed a song in. They only care what they hear when they hit the play button. Use whatever you feel comfortable using. A friend of mine uses a Fostex 2424 and a 56 input desk and outboard. No comuter at all. They make good records.

I don't feel the urge to have to 'upgrade' but I make sure I have upgrades available in case I get something in in that format. while ago I had a project come in that had Chromaverb inserted and I didn't have Logic 10.4.x at the time. As it turned out, the patch and application they used sucked and a Lexicon I programmed up did the trick.

So, in short, Logic 9 is still my first choice for recording and mixing but will happily mix in X too when X projects come in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2018 5:03 PM in response to resopmoc

I have and use Logic 9 and Logic X.

9 is still the one I use most (in OS 10.6.8). I get projects that come in in X and I leave them in X. Any Pro Tools users who ask me to mix will (nearly) always bounce the wavs out and I drop them into 9 not X.

I have nothing against X at all but 9 is way more stable, faster and you can get a lot more tracks out of it if needed. I will occasionally mix in Pro Tools 11 if a client doesn't want to bounce wavs out.

The main thing is, no one knows, or cares, what you recorded or mixed a song in. They only care what they hear when they hit the play button. Use whatever you feel comfortable using. A friend of mine uses a Fostex 2424 and a 56 input desk and outboard. No comuter at all. They make good records.

I don't feel the urge to have to 'upgrade' but I make sure I have upgrades available in case I get something in in that format. while ago I had a project come in that had Chromaverb inserted and I didn't have Logic 10.4.x at the time. As it turned out, the patch and application they used sucked and a Lexicon I programmed up did the trick.

So, in short, Logic 9 is still my first choice for recording and mixing but will happily mix in X too when X projects come in.

Logic Pro 9 or Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.