Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6s has a dark spot on screen

Hi, good afternoon everyone. Is there anyone having a problem there is a dark spot in the screen of IPhone 6s?

It appeared suddenly while I was texting, and initially it just a small spot I thought it is a software problem and it will disappear after some time. But it is enlarging and I research online I suspect it's "LCD bleed" which the liquid in the LCD came out. I didn't drop my phone even once and it suddenly came out a dark spot. Is that under Apple responsibility? Why does this quality assurance so low as this is my first time face to this problem,I never meet this problem with all smartphones I had! Can I send to Apple service center and ask for fixing this problem without a charge?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1, Screen dark spot

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 11:03 AM

5 replies

Nov 10, 2018 11:23 AM in response to Chrisming

As I said earlier, Apple will explain your options. If the device is still under warranty and it is determined to be a manufacturing defect, then it may be covered. If the device is outside of warranty, you may have to pay a portion. However, Apple has the final say, and since we are not Apple here, then you have to ask them when you go to your appointment.

IPhone 6s has a dark spot on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.