Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view download progress, App Store 3.0

Downloading Mojave installer, but don't see download progress in App Store 3.0, on my Macbook Pro. I could find it in earlier versions, but don't see it here. Not on the purchased page.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), Mid 2015, 2.8 GHz, 16gb, 1tb SSD

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 2:04 PM

Hi Jimtron,

I understand you'd like to check the progress of the Mojave installer download, but you're not seeing it in Purchases within the App Store. I know it's important to keep track of the progress of your downloads; I'd like to help. Download progress now looks much like when using the App Store on an iOS device, and should be displayed as a circle with a square stop symbol in the middle. I'd suggest searching for Mojave in the App Store; once found the download progress should be displayed to the right, where you would normally see "Get," as shown below.

On your Mac

1. Open the App Store.
  2. Browse or search for the app that you want to download. Developers of apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch don't always have an app for Mac.
  3. Click the app.
    User uploaded file
  4. If the app is free, click Get, then click Install App.
    If the app has a price, click the price, then click Buy App.

The app starts downloading to your Mac. When the download is complete, you can click Open or use Spotlight search to find and open the app.

Download apps and games using the App Store

You may also be able to see the progress of the download in Launchpad on your Mac: Use Launchpad on your Mac

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2018 2:04 PM in response to Jimtron

Hi Jimtron,

I understand you'd like to check the progress of the Mojave installer download, but you're not seeing it in Purchases within the App Store. I know it's important to keep track of the progress of your downloads; I'd like to help. Download progress now looks much like when using the App Store on an iOS device, and should be displayed as a circle with a square stop symbol in the middle. I'd suggest searching for Mojave in the App Store; once found the download progress should be displayed to the right, where you would normally see "Get," as shown below.

On your Mac

1. Open the App Store.
  2. Browse or search for the app that you want to download. Developers of apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch don't always have an app for Mac.
  3. Click the app.
    User uploaded file
  4. If the app is free, click Get, then click Install App.
    If the app has a price, click the price, then click Buy App.

The app starts downloading to your Mac. When the download is complete, you can click Open or use Spotlight search to find and open the app.

Download apps and games using the App Store

You may also be able to see the progress of the download in Launchpad on your Mac: Use Launchpad on your Mac

Best Regards.

How to view download progress, App Store 3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.