Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS stuck on update requested

I am trying to complete the newest software update 12.1 on my iPhone. It says “update requested” and the words are greyed out. It’s sort of stuck and has been for 3 days. I have hard reset my phone multiple times, I have reset network settings and am now re-connected to my home WiFi, I have checked storage and confirmed the update never downloaded to attempt the erase and retry method. Also I’m connected to a power source. Please help me update my phone!!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 12:24 PM

Follow ALL the steps provided in this support guide:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If you can't update wirelessly, do it connecting your device to a computer running the latest iTunes version.

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or contact your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will help you:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 12:24 PM in response to smmoore828

Follow ALL the steps provided in this support guide:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If you can't update wirelessly, do it connecting your device to a computer running the latest iTunes version.

If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or contact your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will help you:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

iPhone XS stuck on update requested

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.