Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music, “A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

I have been using Apple Music since June. I have never had this issue occur until October. Whenever I try to download or even listen to a song, “a server with the specified hostname could not be found” pops up. I have tried absolutely everything to get rid of the issue. I have restarted my phone multiple times, deleted and redownloaded the app countless times, erasing all settings and content twice, and restarting the wifi router. I have no idea what to do because everything I try fails. I can not listen or download any music when I am connected to wifi or on data. And yes, I am still signed up with Apple Music and am getting charged $10 a month for a service that doesn’t even work. I should just cancel if I can’t even use it. Please help, because I do enjoy Apple Music, I just don’t want this to keep happening even after I have tried everything to fix it. User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 3:00 AM

I’ve been having this issue on and off for about a month or so. Sometimes I could restart the app or my phone and fix the issue, but more and more often that wasn’t working. I’ve read a few articles and threads that were older and a couple mentioned something about proxy servers. I just went into my network settings and under “configure proxy” I set it to automatic. This has fixed the issue for me.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2018 3:00 AM in response to sviking19

I’ve been having this issue on and off for about a month or so. Sometimes I could restart the app or my phone and fix the issue, but more and more often that wasn’t working. I’ve read a few articles and threads that were older and a couple mentioned something about proxy servers. I just went into my network settings and under “configure proxy” I set it to automatic. This has fixed the issue for me.

Apple Music, “A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.