Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2018 Speakers - sound comes out speakers with volume turned off

I have had the new iPad Pro for a few days now. I have noticed that when you turn the volume down to zero sound still quietly comes out the speakers. I went to an apple store and they said they were not aware of this issue. They tested it on different 2018 iPad pros and found the same problem. This needs to be fixed ASAP in the next software update by apple.

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:08 AM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2018 11:12 AM in response to iPadProVolume

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Please post in the proper forum. Your topic does not belong in this forum. I have asked the moderators to move it to a correct forum. Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question and Apple Support Communities - Terms of Use.

Nov 11, 2018 11:40 AM in response to Kappy

I have had 3 separate visits to the apple store today. I spoke to numerous people. None of them found a solution so they tested the issue on different iPad pros. All of these had the same issue with the speakers so the manager told me it must an iOS software issue. Therefore the Genius Bar would not help as they cannot update the software! This is a big issue and needs to be attended to before the next iOS software update.

Nov 13, 2018 2:38 AM in response to iPadProVolume

For what it’s worth, I can’t reproduce this on my iPad Pro (12.9"). I started playing a song, then tried turning the volume down with the slider in the Music app, the volume control in Control Center, and the physical buttons. In every case I couldn’t hear anything even with my ear right next to any of the speakers. Some ideas:

- Do you use any of the equalizer presets?

- Do you use the volume limit setting?

- Does this only occur in a specific app?

iPad Pro 2018 Speakers - sound comes out speakers with volume turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.