Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iphone, external backup file

I downloaded my iphone's backup file to an external hard drive and want to restore this backup onto another iphone. My icloud was full and my other computer didn't have enough storage to complete the task, therefore, I used an external hard drive to hold the file. I copied the file to my PC and opened itunes to restore the backup from the file, however, itunes doesn't see the backup on the computer (the external hard drive plugged in and the copied file). I would like to know if there is a way to "upload" my backup file to itunes to then restore my phone. If I can't do that then an alternative would be how can I restore my file with an external backup file. Is there anything I can do to restore my phone?

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:56 AM

The backup on your external drive MUST be copied or moved to iTunes on a computer running the iTunes latest version (hoping you copied / moved the original backup correctly to the external drive).

Where to copy / move it? Here:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply

Restore iphone, external backup file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.