Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime not responding

I was saving a trimmed video file in quicktime when it froze and I got the spinning beach ball.

When I checked it said the Application Not Responding so I quit and re-opened it.

My trimmed video (and another video I also had open) opened but whenever I try to click anything, I get the spinning ball again and the application freezes and stops responding. If I don't do anything, the program doesn't stop responding (but that's not very useful for obvious reasons)

The only way to stop it is to force quit but then every time I open the application, the same thing happens.

I'm stuck in an infinite loop of opening -> application not responding -> force quit

It has basically made my Quicktime unusable

I tried deleting the plist file (as suggested in another thread) but it hasn't helped.

Running 10.5 QuickTime on 10.14.1 Mojave (MacBook Pro 2016 w/touchbar)

I had this problem before updating to Mojave and had to stop using QT because it was unusable and it was working great for the past few days since updating to Mojave but now I'm stuck with the same problem. Help?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 2:15 AM

I’m not up to Mojave, but some things stay the same: There will be a savedState file for each application, in case they need information to resume after a force quit or crash. That does have to potential to get stuck in a loop. When that happens, it may be solved by deleting that savedState file, so that it doesn’t try to go back to the last situation.

The path on Sierra is: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Saved Application State/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX.savedState

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2018 2:15 AM in response to aserenitatum

I’m not up to Mojave, but some things stay the same: There will be a savedState file for each application, in case they need information to resume after a force quit or crash. That does have to potential to get stuck in a loop. When that happens, it may be solved by deleting that savedState file, so that it doesn’t try to go back to the last situation.

The path on Sierra is: ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Saved Application State/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX.savedState

QuickTime not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.