Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted/potentially virus Fix my Mac software

There is this extremely annoying virus called Mac auto fixed that is potentially damaging the operating software system of the Mac.I have downloaded a legit clean my Mac type of software but cannot trace it.I cannot trace it in neither the applications or anywhere else.

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 1:13 PM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2018 9:20 PM in response to spyros258

It's not a virus; it may be adware or malware.

So, do you get this as a pop up or ??

And, I do not understand this at all - sorry:

have downloaded a legit clean my Mac type of software

Did you download some sort of "cleaning" app? They are absolutely not necessary and can do more harm than good since they clean so well that they eliminate some system software which is needed.

Nov 12, 2018 1:00 AM in response to spyros258

All clean-, guard-, protect-, antivirus-, etc, apps are to be avoided as the plague, as Babowa nicely said.

In the forum here we often use a diagnosis app called Etrecheck, which produces a list that can be posted here. In the list some things are in red print with a Clean/Remove button next to this: use that button !! Normally these "ads" are removed.

Unwanted/potentially virus Fix my Mac software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.