Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can i not burn apple music i purchased onto a cd?

I have purchased music from iTunes and I would like to burn the songs to a CD but it tells mne "Apple Music cannot be burned to a CD". Why and any ideas as to do this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 7:49 PM

Apple Music subscription content is not purchased. The subscription gives you access to listen to content on your device, without buying the music. The music from Apple Music is protected so that it won’t allow burning to CD.

If instead you buy songs in the iTunes Store, then you could burn those songs to an Audio CD, if you wish.

If you try to burn a playlist with content from the iTunes Store and Apple Music, then you’ll have to remove the songs from the latter service first.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 7:49 PM in response to MCFC6

Apple Music subscription content is not purchased. The subscription gives you access to listen to content on your device, without buying the music. The music from Apple Music is protected so that it won’t allow burning to CD.

If instead you buy songs in the iTunes Store, then you could burn those songs to an Audio CD, if you wish.

If you try to burn a playlist with content from the iTunes Store and Apple Music, then you’ll have to remove the songs from the latter service first.

why can i not burn apple music i purchased onto a cd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.