Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My group facetime for my iphone 6 only works for audio how do i change it to my camera

My Group FaceTime only works for audio and it won’t let me change it to camera

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 9:45 AM

Hello wa169,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you only have the option to make a Group FaceTime audio and not video call on your iPhone 6. This behavior is to be expected as the iPhone 6 does not currently support making Group FaceTime video calls.

Learn more about using Group FaceTime in the following resource:

Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, check out this section for more information about devices that can be used for Group FaceTime video calls:

User uploaded file

To use Group FaceTime video calls, you need an iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.1. Earlier models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1 can join Group FaceTime calls as audio participants.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

Take care!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 9:45 AM in response to wa169

Hello wa169,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you only have the option to make a Group FaceTime audio and not video call on your iPhone 6. This behavior is to be expected as the iPhone 6 does not currently support making Group FaceTime video calls.

Learn more about using Group FaceTime in the following resource:

Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, check out this section for more information about devices that can be used for Group FaceTime video calls:

User uploaded file

To use Group FaceTime video calls, you need an iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.1. Earlier models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1 can join Group FaceTime calls as audio participants.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

Take care!

My group facetime for my iphone 6 only works for audio how do i change it to my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.