Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mojave - adobe cs5 compatability

upgraded to Mojave and can no longer use CS5 apps. Is there any fix for this? Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 3:08 PM

In case that the trick with ticking of “Allow the apps below to control your computer” (under macOS’s Security & Privacy settings in System Preferences) does not seem to work on first try, as was my case in the beginning, try this:

1. Remove „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ from the list by selecting it and the selecting the - (minus symbol) below the list.

2. Add „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ to the list again by clicking on the + (plus symbol) below the list and navigate to the Photoshop CS5.app in the Applications folder.

3. Tick the box in front of „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ in the list of “Allow the apps below to control your computer”.

After re-adding „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ to the list of apps in “Allow the apps below to control your computer” Photoshop CS5 is fully working for me again!

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-368442 5/

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2019 3:08 PM in response to Charles Reader

In case that the trick with ticking of “Allow the apps below to control your computer” (under macOS’s Security & Privacy settings in System Preferences) does not seem to work on first try, as was my case in the beginning, try this:

1. Remove „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ from the list by selecting it and the selecting the - (minus symbol) below the list.

2. Add „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ to the list again by clicking on the + (plus symbol) below the list and navigate to the Photoshop CS5.app in the Applications folder.

3. Tick the box in front of „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ in the list of “Allow the apps below to control your computer”.

After re-adding „Adobe Photoshop CS5“ to the list of apps in “Allow the apps below to control your computer” Photoshop CS5 is fully working for me again!

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-368442 5/

mojave - adobe cs5 compatability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.