Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook not seeing HDD

Mid 2007 MacBook not seeing HDD. HDD is good.Other computer sees it.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 6:21 AM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2018 10:46 PM in response to Borgward1

Your Mac's HDD cable is likely going bad. It's a shame I can't help you replace it because if I post links to tutorials here my post will be deleted by moderators. The only thing I can suggest is that you try SMC and PRAM/NVRAM resets. If those resets don't work you will likely have to buy a new computer. Sorry.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Dec 1, 2018 9:34 AM in response to ajcooke01

No need to be sorry. I installed mattgradient version of Linuxmint 18 64bit on the drive. 18 is supported to 2021. 19 will be supported till 2023. A 2007 computer has enough capacity to do most things except gaming, and will into the future. The MacBook will boot 32bit live DVD's but not 64 bit ones. It will boot 64bit Linux distros already installed on drives. My other 2007 laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1520. It can use 8 GB RAM, the MacBook only 3.5 GB. The MacBook has a faster CPU and better video display. I like the feel of the MacBook keyboard but I am irritated that I does not have forward and backward delete keys, and lacks other keys that have been standard for decades.

Macbook not seeing HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.