Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t turn off greyscale setting on iPhone screen

Somehow my screen got set to greyscale while my phone was in my pocket. I’ve searched the settings and have had any luck switching back to normal.

Phone is iPhone XS max

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 8:31 AM

UPDATE: through trial and error I figured it out. Apparently it is related to the shortcut for screen-zoom. If you three-finger triple-tap the screen it pulls up a menu. Select “Choose Fliter” then “None” then tap anywhere with one finger. Problem solved.

I’m still not sure how that happened in my pocket. It seems like the screen should not be able to turn on when it’s in a pocket. This may be a bug that Apple needs to work out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2018 8:31 AM in response to MikeinTyler

UPDATE: through trial and error I figured it out. Apparently it is related to the shortcut for screen-zoom. If you three-finger triple-tap the screen it pulls up a menu. Select “Choose Fliter” then “None” then tap anywhere with one finger. Problem solved.

I’m still not sure how that happened in my pocket. It seems like the screen should not be able to turn on when it’s in a pocket. This may be a bug that Apple needs to work out.

Can’t turn off greyscale setting on iPhone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.