Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and Apple ID

I have several apple computers and devices. Not long ago, I had to change my apple id because the email associated with it had been compromised. While I can sign-in successfully with the new apple id through the apple website, (as I have done here), I cannot change the apple id that automatically populates my system preferences on my computers. They pop up with my old apple id and ask for the password associated with that email to sign into iCloud. I tried signing out, but that was unsuccessful. HELP. How so I change the apple id locally on my computers (laptop and desktops) to access iCloud? I pay almost $10/mo for iCloud and now I cannot access it on my computers!!!

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 10:54 AM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2018 12:20 PM in response to Eric Root

I have a new Apple ID (different email) and that works on some of my devices just fine. On this desktop, when I tried to sign out my entire desktop was deleted and I ended up having to use time machine to get it back. I don't understand why I can't just correct the email address. If I try to sign in with the old one, I am told it doesn't exist. So it's a local problem, i.e. on this computer.

iCloud and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.