Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working properly on macOS Mojave

Hi there,

I have a macbook pro 2018 13" touch bar model, with macOS Mojave 14.1. When I activate Siri on pref. panel, it works as it should for a while, but then, it begins to avoid responses. If I use the "hey siri" functionality or press siri button on touchbar/menu bar/launchpad, it starts to listen, but then it lasts forever to respond and it always ends popping up the following message: "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network."

If I want to get back siri working properly, I have to disable Siri from the pref. panel, delete Siri files from ~/Library/, and restart my mac. After that, I manage to get siri's working fine for a few minutes. But then, it starts again with the "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network" message. Siri will not work until I repeat the process. And again, and again...

Any idea of what's happening?

Thanks in advance for your guidance,

Regards,

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 3:25 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2018 5:40 PM in response to Villodre

Hello Villodre,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with Siri. I am happy to check this out with you.

This help article talks about Siri, and due to the alert you are getting, states: How to use Siri on your Mac - Apple Support

If Siri can't connect to the network or asks you to try again in a little while, check your Internet connection.

When the issue occurs again, I recommend using Wireless Diagnostics to analyze your system. This article will help: Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac - Apple Support

Allow Wireless Diagnostics to check for issues, then reconnect, and see if Siri then reconnects. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Siri not working properly on macOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.