Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bouncing in AIFF or CDDA mode if the purpose is burning a CD ?

Bouncing in AIFF or CDDA mode if the purpose is burning an audio CD ?

What is the difference between both if the target is burning a CD (16 bit 44100 sample rate)?

What is best ?

Why those two file extensions ? They seems to have an equal audible CD result. Still I want to know the benefits of their differences.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk C

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Logic X on Mac Pro - 1 terra SSD

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 3:27 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 13, 2018 11:55 AM in response to drkcpmn

Different file extensions for different purposes and compatibility.

When creating a project I know is going to CD I record 24-bit WAV files. After mixing I bounce to a stereo pre-master at 24-bit (sample rate is relative unimportant at this point, must be 44.1 or higher) I then bring the pre-master back into Logic or a good 2-track stereo editor, trim the front/back and do any last minute tweaks for EQ/Compression...etc. Then the file is bounced to a 16-bit, 44.1kHz using dithering on the masterbus. Dithering is used going from 24-bit to 16-bit.

Also keep a close watch on RMS levels of each track.

I do this to each track, very old school but it's a tried & true way of making a CD that has integrity within itself, of course that may not apply to your situation

You can cut down the steps, by not doing a pre-master bounce, the above is the way I work.

Bouncing in AIFF or CDDA mode if the purpose is burning a CD ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.