Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was a thesaurus available in pages until upgraded to 7.3; where is it now?

Hey,

I just upgraded to Pages 7.3 (OSX Mojave 10.14.1) and now when I highlight a word the dictionary/thesaurus isn't there, just Wikipedia. What happen to it and/or where can I find/turn it on again. Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 5:11 AM

Pages has never had its own Thesaurus, but rather allowed access to the Thesaurus in the Dictionary application — if it was selected in the Dictionary application's Preferences — by means of the optional three-finger tap, control+command+D keystroke sequence, or Look Up on the secondary menu.

The drag/drop order of your selected, Dictionary application's dictionaries (see its preferences) will determine the dictionary results displayed in the Look Up display panel (shown below). If a particular word is not found in a specific dictionary, then that dictionary will be skipped in the display.

Here is the order of my dictionaries in the Dictionary application:

User uploaded file

For the word knowledge, in Pages v7.3, and based on the dictionary order from above:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 5:11 AM in response to symbiosis67

Pages has never had its own Thesaurus, but rather allowed access to the Thesaurus in the Dictionary application — if it was selected in the Dictionary application's Preferences — by means of the optional three-finger tap, control+command+D keystroke sequence, or Look Up on the secondary menu.

The drag/drop order of your selected, Dictionary application's dictionaries (see its preferences) will determine the dictionary results displayed in the Look Up display panel (shown below). If a particular word is not found in a specific dictionary, then that dictionary will be skipped in the display.

Here is the order of my dictionaries in the Dictionary application:

User uploaded file

For the word knowledge, in Pages v7.3, and based on the dictionary order from above:

User uploaded file

There was a thesaurus available in pages until upgraded to 7.3; where is it now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.