Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not move calendars to iCloud because errors occurred

I have been going through password **** because misunderstanding what password was needed when I need to verify my password for email. I ended up have to change my Apple ID password because I thought it was asking for my email password. My Apple ID and email are the same. The confusion lasted a while until I realized maybe it was asking for Apple ID. So I ended up changing my Apple ID password which went fine, however I have been in maze of requests from mail to connect with iCloud which I got to work, but I'm stuck on allowing my calendars to upload to the iCloud. So I keep getting the message in the header above.

The computer is a late 2016 MacBook Pro running MacOS Mojave 10.14.1.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 7:43 AM

See this article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 7:43 AM in response to jhp635

See this article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID and password to sign in.

Nov 13, 2018 7:49 AM in response to tygb

I actually fixed the problem last night using the following:

Calendar to Cloud sync problem

Future people who stumbled across this post...as soon as I submitted this giant post—I managed to fix the syncing issue.

It looks like I had a corrupted .plist file for Calendar.app. To fix that, all I did was:

1. Toggle hidden files with handy three-key shortcut: +shift+.
  2. Navigate to /Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/
  3. Search and delete these files:
    • com.apple.CalendarAgent
    • com.apple.iCal.plist
  4. Restart your computer!

If you still see the hidden files (the file icons will be greyed out) and they are annoying you, just use the three-key shortcut again. The files should be be hidden again!

I couldn't find the com.apple.CalendarAgent file but removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file and rebooting fixed it.

Nov 13, 2018 8:01 AM in response to jhp635

if you click on finder from dock take cursor on to menu bar > Go > hold option key and click on library > find a folder preferences - in this preferences folder you will find com.apple.ical.plist , this is to be removed when calendar application is corrupted this exists in Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1

The plist vary from Mac versions .

Could not move calendars to iCloud because errors occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.