Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro audio through USB C

Is there an Audio input/output solution that will work simultaneously through the iPad's one port? With no 3.5mm headphone jack iPad I am stumped. Tried connecting a USB C hub with headphone jack and USB A inputs to the iPad, but the iPad only seems to recognize one at a time.

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 1:57 PM

I'm using this adapter with no issues: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZS61M5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apple really dropped the ball on customer service here. They offer either a single audio jack or a USB adapter with no audio jack. Just silly

5 replies

Nov 14, 2018 7:00 AM in response to paulsar828

Hello paulsar828,

Thanks for choosing Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post you're looking for an audio input/output that will work simultaneously through the iPads port.

Have a look at the article below for help with hooking up audio.
Charge and connect with the USB-C port on the new iPad Pro

Let me know if you have any questions.
Best Regards!

Nov 15, 2018 12:00 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Joseph, thanks for the reply! Appreciate you referencing the article, but I’m afraid it doesn’t address my particular situation… it seems that Bluetooth is the only way currently to send audio from the iPad while it is connected to a USB Mic. The latency of Bluetooth is a deal killer with the Apps I’m using (GarageBand, Anytune pro).

iPad Pro audio through USB C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.