Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do we register a Mac warranty?

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 7:28 AM

You can verify if your device is registered with Apple by entering its serial number into this Apple support page:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

I bought a new iMac only two weeks ago and did exactly the steps that dwb lists--nothing more. Using the above tool confirms that Apple received the information without my having to jump through hoops:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 7:28 AM in response to Pisethsoftware

You can verify if your device is registered with Apple by entering its serial number into this Apple support page:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

I bought a new iMac only two weeks ago and did exactly the steps that dwb lists--nothing more. Using the above tool confirms that Apple received the information without my having to jump through hoops:

User uploaded file

Nov 13, 2018 6:36 AM in response to Pisethsoftware

During the initial setup process you are prompted to log onto the Internet. If you did that you automatically registered your computer with Apple and your 1 year warranty (longer in some parts of the world) began on the purchase date. If you purchase an AppleCare extended warranty the package has instructions on how/where to go online to register the computer with its extended warranty and if you purchased AppleCare and the computer from Apple at the same time AppleCare is automatically registered, there is nothing extra to do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.