Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDrive >> This computer has been scheduled to go to sleep automatically

I receive this warning after running iDrive for automatic overnight backups.

User uploaded file

The iDrive software developer says I should just download the newest version, which I have. Once in a while, doing so appears to address the bug, but then it creeps back into my life. Any tips from someone who has permanently solved this?

Happens on both my Macbook Air and iMac ... and has been happening for months across multiple MacOS versions.

THANK YOU.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 7:10 AM

David

Yes, if I recall correctly I had to re-apply my Backup and settings. I only use Backup and not Sync.

I only Backup a small number of folders (but approx 350,000 files, mainly images) so was not a big deal and I only backup once a day on an overnight schedule.

I took a few iDrive screen shots first to be certain.

It did not take me long to get things going again.

I used 'backup Now' to initiate a manual backup which took a little while as it verified everything that I was backing up to the files already in the cloud, it did not back everything up again.

After this all was well.

Please let me know if I can help further

Regards, Ian.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 7:10 AM in response to David Kohl

David

Yes, if I recall correctly I had to re-apply my Backup and settings. I only use Backup and not Sync.

I only Backup a small number of folders (but approx 350,000 files, mainly images) so was not a big deal and I only backup once a day on an overnight schedule.

I took a few iDrive screen shots first to be certain.

It did not take me long to get things going again.

I used 'backup Now' to initiate a manual backup which took a little while as it verified everything that I was backing up to the files already in the cloud, it did not back everything up again.

After this all was well.

Regards, Ian.

Nov 13, 2018 5:54 AM in response to David Kohl

Hi, at the beginning of September I was asked by the iDrive team to delete the following two folders and install a version of the app they provided via a link. I have not seen the problem since.

IDriveforMac folders in below paths:

~/Library/Application Support/

/Library/Application Support/

I have installed the new versions that have been released since and I still have not seen this problem again.

I am currently running 3.5.3.12.

As far as I am concerned this problem has been resolved.

Regards, Ian.

iDrive >> This computer has been scheduled to go to sleep automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.