Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share the iPhoto-Library on LAN

I have over the years many photos collected with the iPhoto.app. Now I want to share them, or part of them, over the LAN. How can I export or move the iPhoto-Library (or part of this) on an external drive (i.e. Time Capsule) to allow the LAN users the access to the photos? Its a problem because of conflicts when 2 or more users try contemporary to access at the iPhoto-DB?

Any Idea?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14), 40 TB RAM

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 5:00 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 13, 2018 7:17 AM in response to Massimo Lombardo

An iPhoto Library cannot be shared over the network. iPhoto does not support remote access to the library. This document has been rewritten for Photos for Mac by Apple (iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users), but it used to say:

It's recommended that you store your iPhoto library on a locally mounted hard drive. Storing your iPhoto library on a network share can lead to poor performance, data corruption, or data loss. If you use both iPhoto and Aperture with the same library, using a Mac OS X Extended formatted volume is recommended. For more information, see Aperture: Use locally mounted Mac OS X Extended volumes for your Aperture library.

The wayback machine has still fragments of the original document: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users - Apple Support

How to share the iPhoto-Library on LAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.