Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP

Every time I try to import files (mov, mp4 etc.) in FCP the program shut down - why that?

Final Cut Pro X, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 8:31 AM

Need a lot more information. What mac? What OS? What version of FCP X?

Where do these files come from? Do they play in Quicktime Player? If so, in QT Player press command-I and post a screenshot.

Besides all that, whenever FCP X crashes, you should delete its preferences: To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. Corrupted preferences cause all sorts of problems, and maybe they had caused the crashes on import.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 8:31 AM in response to flemming201

Need a lot more information. What mac? What OS? What version of FCP X?

Where do these files come from? Do they play in Quicktime Player? If so, in QT Player press command-I and post a screenshot.

Besides all that, whenever FCP X crashes, you should delete its preferences: To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. Corrupted preferences cause all sorts of problems, and maybe they had caused the crashes on import.

FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.