Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location not available in Find My for iPhone

My sons phone says location not available. Trying to add him on find my friends. How do I make his location available?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 6:14 AM

Greetings, paezneil.

I see that you're unable to locate your son using Find My Friends. You receive a message that your son's location isn't available, and I'm happy to help.

Get help using Find My Friends

If you see a No location available label for friends

You might not see your friend's location for these reasons:

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country or region where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries or regions due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location is available for two hours. After two hours, you see Location not available.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 6:14 AM in response to paezneil

Greetings, paezneil.

I see that you're unable to locate your son using Find My Friends. You receive a message that your son's location isn't available, and I'm happy to help.

Get help using Find My Friends

If you see a No location available label for friends

You might not see your friend's location for these reasons:

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country or region where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries or regions due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location is available for two hours. After two hours, you see Location not available.

Take care!

Location not available in Find My for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.