Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am brand new to the MacBook Air. How do I register my product for 90 day support and learn how to use it? I received some sort of power cord that I have no idea what it is for :-(

Is there a community that can teach me how to use my new MacBook air?

iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 8:15 AM

If went through the setup screens then you are registered. You can check here:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

You can find user guides here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

This may also help:

macOS Mojave - Apple

You can also sign up for free workshops at Apple Stores:

Today at Apple - Apple

3 replies

Nov 14, 2018 8:15 AM in response to macjack

Thank you so much, mackjack, although when I go to the support manuals, none of the MacBook's or MacBook Air's look like mine? It has a magnetic plug for the power cord as well as some thicker power cord that I have no idea what it is for. I have been a laptop user most of my "techie" life although I have had an iPhone since the 3GS and I am on my second iPad. Just want to understand the ports that are included. It was the MacBook Air that was advertised on QVC if that helps :-)

I am brand new to the MacBook Air. How do I register my product for 90 day support and learn how to use it? I received some sort of power cord that I have no idea what it is for :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.