Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage and Facetime not working on Macbook Air

My Imessage and facetime is not working and will not let me login at all. How do I fix this?

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 9:05 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2018 6:58 AM in response to tiarra_davis12

Hello tiarra_davis12,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you're unable to log in to Messages and FaceTime.

Depending on what happens when you try logging in, there are a few possibilities.

Are you receiving an error about your Apple ID or password? If so, I recommend taking a look here: If you forgot your Apple ID password

On the other hand, if the issue is with connectivity or activation, these steps from the article titled If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime should help:

When activating iMessage or FaceTime, you might see one of these messages:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.

User uploaded file

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

User uploaded file

Still not activated after a day?

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can receive SMS messages.
  3. Contact Apple Support.

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Warm regards.

Imessage and Facetime not working on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.