Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i delite video files from quick time

how do i delite a video file from quick time

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 10:09 PM

10 replies

Nov 19, 2018 2:52 PM in response to rob251

As mentioned before, the list should be able to be cleared from the File menu of an opened QuickTime Player application. If you can’t open QuickTime Player at all, then the issues are more serious than a few stuck recent items files, although a solution for one, may fix both. First of all, try opening QuickTime Player for the /Applications folder.

The Tax System, Explained by Beer!

That title got me intrigued 😁, and that title is (also) available as a video on YouTube. Seems like a file that isn’t worth keeping. If you don’t recognize it, then did anyone borrow your MacBook?

Nov 19, 2018 12:57 PM in response to rob251

If you mean the ‘Recently opened files’, then you can clear the list from the File menu, then Open Recent, then Clear Menu. If you quit and relaunch the application, then the clearing of the list is also reflected in the Dock.

The list may contain filename entries from removable disks, which cannot be found when said disk is removed.

The list may contain filename entries from files that have since been deleted, or moved to the Trash.

The list length defaults to 10 items, so the older entries will automatically disappear when you open new files.

Nov 19, 2018 1:52 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Good point. When I click QT in the dock nothing happens but if I do a two finger click on the icon a list of my videos appears. I can scroll through the list and select what I wish to play - except for the two at the top that don't reside in my computer. At least Finder cannot find any reference to them. The names are strange and I don't recognize them for example one is The Tax System, Explained by Beer!

how do i delite video files from quick time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.