Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod muted

Hello,

in you opinion, does the HomePod really be muted when unused ?

I'm really interested in this kind of product, but i'm a little bit afraid to be always listened (even i don't have anything ultra secret to hide 😉 ).

Friendly

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 8:09 AM

HomePod listens for the key phrase "Hey Siri" all of the time. Only when it picks up that phrase does it start listening to whatever comes next. I have a pair of them, Occasionally they respond to unintended requests from whatever is said on TV, e.g. with "Huh" or "What was that?" but they're not listening all the time, and Apple isn't recording what goes on in your home.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 8:09 AM in response to Jean-PhilippeC

HomePod listens for the key phrase "Hey Siri" all of the time. Only when it picks up that phrase does it start listening to whatever comes next. I have a pair of them, Occasionally they respond to unintended requests from whatever is said on TV, e.g. with "Huh" or "What was that?" but they're not listening all the time, and Apple isn't recording what goes on in your home.

tt2

HomePod muted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.