Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Setup without iOS Device

Hello. My parents want to get a HomePod. They do not own an iOS device, but do own an iMac. Is there a way to complete the HomePod setup without an iOS Device?

Alternatively, can I use my iPhone to help them complete their HomePod setup if an iOS device must absolutely be used to complete the process?

Thanks for your help.

HomePod, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 9:55 AM

Is there a way to complete the HomePod setup without an iOS Device?

No.

Alternatively, can I use my iPhone to help them complete their HomePod setup if an iOS device must absolutely be used to complete the process?

Yes. See Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support and Change settings for HomePod - Apple Support. You would set it up without the personal requests option, and will likely need to change which Apple ID it is signed into for Music & Podcasts.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 9:55 AM in response to dsolid15

Is there a way to complete the HomePod setup without an iOS Device?

No.

Yes. See Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support and Change settings for HomePod - Apple Support. You would set it up without the personal requests option, and will likely need to change which Apple ID it is signed into for Music & Podcasts.

tt2

HomePod Setup without iOS Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.