Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advance Pulldown option not working in FCP 10.4.4. Anyone?

I just updated to the latest version of FCP 10.4.4 and noticed that when I tried to import some 1080/24pa footage from a P2 card that I use in my HVX200 the remove advance pulldown option is greyed out not allowing me to click on it. And so when the footage is imported none of the flagged frames are removed. I have tried removing the A52codec but I can't find it anywhere on my Mac mini, nor do I have Perian or any of its components installed. I have performed a very thorough search of my system for any pieces of this software numerous times. The option does work if I re-install an old version of FCP, which I am lucky enough to have on an older machine. FCP 10.3.4 works fine but does not allow the addition of subs which is kind of nice to have.

So does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I have contacted Apple support which frankly was a waste of time. I also tried the resetting of preferences in FCP. Did not work.

Cheers.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 11:36 AM

5 replies

Nov 19, 2018 1:46 PM in response to W. Raider

Thankfully i did. I have an older version of FCP. 10.3.4 which apart from the subtitles and a few other bells and whistles works fine. I just read that Apple will be discontinuing support for some codecs. Why do they do this.

Cheers.

There seems to be no fix for this so I suppose I will step back to the older version that works.

Advance Pulldown option not working in FCP 10.4.4. Anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.